Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:50:31 +0300
From:      Mihai Tanasescu <mihai@duras.ro>
To:        Artyom Viklenko <artem@aws-net.org.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MPD and fragmentation

Artyom Viklenko wrote:

>> I connect to Internet via ADSL/PPPoE which runs to same freebsd
>> router with mpd.
>> MTU is 1496. In pf I have
>
> Sorry, MTU is 1492 bytes, sure. :)

Sorry to say ..but the problem was on my side :(.

Thank you all for the trouble and the advice you provided.

My setup has something like this:

PPTP machine --> Cisco 3750 --> HTB Linux bridge for bandwidth limiting
-- BSD router

the HTB machine was already decreasing mss to 1400.

I changed the value on the HTB machine from 1400 to 1300 (for a test)
and now everything works like a charm.

Never thought of looking there for the problem.

Thanks.