Date:      10 Jan 2003 03:02:17 +0000
From:      Christopher J Phillips <chris@furrie.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Sendmail Configuration...

Hi,

I have some FreeBSD boxes that I'd like to configure sendmail on.

I have no experience I'm afraid.

I have a mail server that is all set up as I'd like it, see www.inty.net

I would like the FreeBSD boxes to send/forward mail out to that host via
SMTP, I am proficient at configuring that (intY) box to allow such
connections.

For instance, stuff for root & sometimes I like to pipe a commands
output through mail to an address, so I can look at the results remotely
or send info to friends etc...

Currently, the FreeBSD boxes are unfettered & sendmail just dumps mail
to root as undeliverable.  I have (I think), pointed all root mail @ my
personal email address but as sendmail knows of no SMTP forwarder & my
email domain does not correspond to that of the other boxes (which
appear as sub-domains of my primary domain), ALL but root mail is
undeliverable :-(

Please could you give me an idea of what I should be configuring &
possibly recommending a URL that would let me learn how to do this?

Many thanks everyone!

Chris Phillips

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)