Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:29:30 -0400
From:      Greyson Fischer <greyson@foosoft.us>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Clipboard problems in 1.6 known?

To all,

New FreeBSD convert here.

I have a password safe (Password Tracker
http://www.sdi-consulting.com/opensource/patra.html) that I've been
using for years on other platforms (including linux, if I remember
correctly) but have hit a snag: copying to the clipboard via
getSystemClipboard() doesn't copy to the clipboard.  Highlighting in a
java problem illicits the same response as any other application (3rd
button pastes) but since the point of a password safe is not to see the
password when copying it, the point is a bit defeated.

Here are the symptoms in list form:
- Copy from patra to other java program works as expected
- Copy from patra to non-java program (gnome-terminal) does not work
(clipboard becomes empty if it was full before)
- Copy from other java program to gnome-terminal does not work.
- Copy from gnome-terminal to java program works.

I've also used firefox as a native app to check, and used eclipse,
netbeans, and intellij to verify that this was not just a problem with
Password Tracker itself.

Also, I have been unable to find the bug database for the java project;
could someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Greyson