Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:34:57 +0100
From:      Simon Siemonsma <simon.freebsd@hccnet.nl>
To:        rene@xs4all.nl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: email with qmail? or something else that's secure?

Just recently, last weekend, I decided to jump into mailhandling also.
After searching the internet I decided for postfix. Basically I wanted the
same as you. What made me decide for postfix in the end was, that I
understood it was easier to set-up. Actually it was really quit easy.
I only decided not to use maildir, because my e-mail reader doesn't support
it, and I didn't want an additional program to translate maildir to IMAP.
I made the following set-up: postfix as my MTA, fetchmail to fetch my mail
and Kmail as my mail reader. It is working fantastic.

Groeten,

Simon Siemosma