Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 11:30:48 +0930
From:      Matthew Thyer <Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au>
To:        ben@rosengart.com
Cc:        FreeBSD CURRENT <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
Subject:   Re: ppp driving me nuts

OK that's not it,

Well I have noticed user mode ppp behaving quite strangely
on my system too recently.

I have been getting periods of no modem activity in the middle
of downloads and POP3 fetches of my mail when there is not reason
for such.

Possibly it's happening to you too and your provider is dropping
the connection.

I think there may be something wrong with user mode ppp in current
right now (though I haven't updated the system it's happenning on
for 2+ weeks - it's making the world now).

I'm not complaining yet as I haven't investigated yet (I haven't
increased my logging and looked at the logs).   I think there have
been a couple of other people mentioning something is wierd with
their user ppp as well (Piere ?).

Sent to the list for comments from others....

More info on my configuration will be forthcoming when I get home.

--
 Matthew Thyer                                 Phone:  +61 8 8259 7249
 Corporate Information Systems                 Fax:    +61 8 8259 5537