Date:      Sun, 4 Oct 1998 18:19:18 -0700
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        "Jon E. Mitchiner" <jon@minotaur.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 19981002-BETA Apache/Mouse problems

On Sun, Oct 04, 1998 at 06:30:01PM -0400, Jon E. Mitchiner wrote:

> I tried compiling Apache13 which seemed to work well, but when I attempted
> to run it, I ran into some module problems when trying
> /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start -- I get the following error:
>
> Syntax error on line 26 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_mime_magic.so into server:
> /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_mime_magic.so: Undefined symbol
> "ap_make_sub_pool"
>
> Doing file /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_mime_magic.so, I get:
>
> /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_mime_magic.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object,
> Intel 80386, Version 1 (FreeBSD), nto stripped
>
> So I tried removing all the modules in the httpd.conf file which didn't
> work.  I suspect this is an aout-elf problem and am not sure where to go
> from here.

It is a general problem of the port and -current/-BETA. I have Beta 0930
running. Get the same error. ap_make_sub_pool is used in other modules,
like mod_autoindex.c, but that one is linked directly into the httpd
as far I can see.

I tried to find the routin and could not find it so far.

> Any suggestions/hints would be appreciated!
> Jon

Regards, Ulf.