Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:44:07 +0200
From:      Olivier Cortes <receiver@deep-ocean.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PHP 4.0.4pl1 & Informix

Hello all,

Here is the context:

        * we have a solaris 2.6 / informix 7.2 on the localnet.
        * the webservers (2) on the DMZ are FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE.
        * i synched the ports, rebuilded apache+mod_ssl-1.3.19+2.8.x
        * installed informix on a linux
        * on linux : tar czvf inf.tar.gz /usr/informix
        * on freebsd : cd /compat/linux/usr && tar xzvf ifx.tar.gz
        * on fbsd : ln -sf /compat/linux/usr/informix /usr/informix
                (just in case)
        * on fbsd (in /etc/profile) : export \
                INFORMIXDIR=/compat/linux/usr/informix
        * in /usr/ports/www/mod_php4/Makefile:
                CONFIGURE_ARGS= \
--with-informix=/compat/linux/usr/informix \ <the old flags>
        * make (i added PGSQL, IMAP, OpenLDAP, gettext, sysv*, FTP)
        * it compiled fine, except that i had to #define IFX_VERSION 720
                in the ifx_*.c

Here is the problem:

$ apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 57 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so into server: /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so: Undefined symbol "SQLCODE"

I know SQLCODE is in /compat/linux/usr/informix/lib/esql/*, but i don't
know what to do now. how to load an emulated lib ?

isql works perfectly, i cant connect manualy with it to the solaris.

ldd complains when i use it with libphp4.so:
/usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so:
/usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so: Exec format error
/usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp4.so: exit status 1

i don't know how to play with objdump (i tried).

any help would be *GREATLY* apreciated.

humor : cd /usr/ports/informix && make doesn't work, i don't have any sources
(damned !)

sincerely yours & best regards,

---
Olivier Cortes
free software admin

PS: i know informix is not free software. i must use it because it was here
before i came. So please don't blame me. I know the bad situation i'm in
;-)