Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 11:03:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian D. Moffet" <brianm@moffetimages.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw

How do I configure ipfw to log all connections to a NIC on my machine?
So I want to log the connections from the outside NIC to my machine.

I don't want all packets, just the connections.   I have

options		IPFIREWALL              #firewall
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE      #print information about
					# dropped packets
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD      #enable transparent proxy support
options		"IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=10" #limit verbosity
options		IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT #allow everything by default
options		IPDIVERT		#divert sockets

as my configuration options, per the syslog.conf man page, (just a guess)
I also have

!ipfw
*.*						/var/log/ipfw.log

Do I have to use TCP filters to do this?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Brian Moffet