Date:      Fri, 09 Jan 1998 23:04:31 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Glenn Lee Dicus" <gdicus@nomadix.com>
Cc:        "Mobile FreeBSD" <mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PC Cards and FreeBSD

> On initialization of the PCIC I received the following messages:
>
> +crd: ctlr(0) Intel 82365 (or clones) (5 mem & 2 I/O windows)
> +pcic: controller I/O address 0x3e0
> +pcic: controller irq 3 (shared)
>
> It seems that the PC Card driver was written with the PCI bus in mind and
> not the ISA Bus (The ISA bus does not support shared interrupts nor does
> the internal bus of the ElanSC400 microcontroller, only the PCI bus does).
> Since the pcic is not on a PCI bus, could this be causing some problems?

You are *still* using the PAO code.  Only the nomads can help you there.

However, bear in mind that you can "sort of" share IRQ 3, if the only
other device on it is a faithful 8250 clone and its interrupt output is
tristated off.

> +pcic: controller I/O address 0x3e0
> +Card inserted, slot 0

The 'card inserted' message is printed as a result of a pcic interrupt,
so the pcic itself is interrupting OK.  So far so good.

\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\