Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 2006 17:48:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ensel Sharon <user@dhp.com>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: legal use of vmware on FreeBSD _not possible_ (informational)

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, Doug Barton wrote:

> I don't care how much you think you understand about vmware licensing
> terms. Your statement, "Your only other option is to break the law"
> clearly demonstrates that you don't actually understand anything about
> _the law_, which is what I suggested that you stop giving advice about.

I'm sorry.  I'm not being clear.

What I am trying to say is that I spent _months_ on the phone with vmware
begging various people to please, please let me buy vmware3 from them.

They refused.  They said there was no way.  Couldn't be done.  (Repeat
every few days for several weeks)

So I finally gave up and just asked them point blank:

"Is there any way possible to get a legal copy of vmware 3 from any source
besides you ?"

"No"

The end.

It's not my opinion.  It's not my advice.  It's not my conjecture.  It's
not my interpretation.  I went straight to the source and that was the
answer.

It sounds like it bothers you even more than it bothers me.