Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:33:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Pat Lynch <lynch@bsdunix.net>
To:        W Gerald Hicks <jhix@mindspring.com>
Cc:        brett@lariat.org, tlambert@primenet.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: On "intelligent people" and "dangers to BSD"

ESR, Jordan, and I were at an Open Source roundtable in New York City
about a year ago, and the ego thing was brought up. Lets face it, alot of
us are motivated by ego, in fact the majority of us are. Maybe not in
front of others, but certainly in our own eyes. We strive to outdo
ourselves in everything we do.

I do this in part for the ego boost, in part for sheer enjoyment. And I
like the people in this community, they tend to think alot like I do.

so in part it is comraderie as well.

theres alot of motivating factors behind the "Free Software" movement,
however I would definitely have to agree with ESR in part at least. Noone
is ego-free.

-Pat

__

Pat Lynch						lynch@rush.net
							lynch@bsdunix.net
							lynch@unix.sh
							lynch@blowfi.sh
Systems Administrator					Rush Networking