From:      "Mark B. Withers" <mwithers@one.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: installation of free bsd on latest intel mbds

To install is an easy task. Reading the handbook and around on the
site are very good advice.

There are links to learning about how to install FreeBSD - which would
give you a start. The "newbies" links on their main web site
(http://www.freebsd.org) are very good.

You will be surprised at all the Kewl sites there are for FreeBSD such
as http://freebsddiary.org, http://bsdvault.net and
several others. I really like their forums myself. Very good reading
and nicely put together.

For an absolute beginner, again go to the "newbie" links from the main
site (freebsd.org) and they have lots of info to get you pointed in
the right direction.

Of course, in an installation one could always start with a simple
basic system and just keep adding to it as you go along. :)

I wish you well with your learning experience.

Mark