Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:00:29 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Roger P. Johnson" <rpj@fep.hirshfields.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sio1 entries in dmesg

Geez. Just went through this myself. To make a long story short,
it was an IRQ conflict with a Digiboard PC/16e card. The Digiboard
card doesn't use IRQ's, but from the factory it is set to use
IRQ's. After setting the DIP switches, the problem went away
and the ports worked correctly. BTW, I got the same message
on BOTH ports due to this problem. Now both work well.

Check your IRQ's.

-Roger