Date:      Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:26:43 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, guru@sisis.de
Subject:   Re: 6.0-REL && ports/emulators/qemu = PANIC (was: Re: 6.0-REL && ports/devel/subversion)

On Saturday 31 December 2005 09:32 am, guru@sisis.de wrote:
> El d=EDa Saturday, December 31, 2005 a las 02:08:47PM +0100, Matthias=20
Apitz escribi=F3:
> > this time after the installation of 6.0-RELEASE I'll only make
> > /usr/ports/emulators/qemu to see if I can reproduce the PANIC
> > with the above procedure; we will see...
>
> yes, it can be reproduced; I've fresh installed 6.0-RELEASE and did
> only:
>
> # cd /usr/ports/emulators/qemu
> # make WITH_KQEMU=3Dyes
> # make install
> # kldload kqemu
> # kldstat
> # su - user
>
> PANIC :-((

Does it still panic if you don't load kqemu? Test with just the new=20
install and see if it panics. I haven't had a panic with 6.0 except=20
that I have problems at boot on machines using the Netgear GA 311=20
1000baseT NIC. I get some message about loop back failed and it panics.=20
If I shutdown, I don't have any problem.=20

I use KDE and it isn't hard to make artsd panic. I convert all of my CDs=20
into wma's and load them on a Nomad Zen Touch. So, I can use the kvm to=20
switch to XP system that did the conversion and then play the wma's=20
without any problems.

Kent

=2D-=20
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

"Nunca te acostar=E1s sin saber una cosa m=E1s"