Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:25:02 +0100
From:      Anton Berezin <tobez@tobez.org>
To:        "pobox@verysmall.org" <pobox@verysmall.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lang/perl5.8 fails

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 10:18:07AM +0100, pobox@verysmall.org wrote:
> Anton Berezin wrote:
>> Without knowing at what stage of the portupgrade process you got this
>> problem - just guessing - it might have confused bsd.port.mk when it
>> invoked
>> stuff in bsd.apache.mk (because of USE_APACHE statement) while the old
>> perl
>> was deinstalled.
>
> It happened when portupgrade tried to install the new version (after
> backing up the old version). Then this error came and portupgrade
> reinstalled the old version.

Right, so as I said - apxs could not be invoked because there was no perl
isntalled at that particular instant.

> Thinking in retrospective - /etc/make.conf was perhaps not the best place
> to put USE_APACHE=2.2 when I needed it only for php.

Well yeah, we are not Gentoo.  But we should probably not fail in such
not-so obvious manner here, anyway.

\Anton.
--
We're going for 'working' here. 'clean' is for people with skills...
-- Flemming Jacobsen