Date:      Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:43:49 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
To:        kono@kth.se
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, kde-freebsd@freebsd.kde.org
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] xfig freezes on amd64 with KDE 3.4.2

--nextPart1277408.DWcCV5RuFW

On Wednesday, 26. October 2005 11:10, Alexander Konovalenko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> recently I've got a problem with xfig 3.2.4 on amd64 FreeBSD 5.4 (STABLE)
> when running it under KDE 3.4.2, with other X managers it works fine
>
> After pressing any button on the left panel xfig freezes and CPU load goes
> up.

xfig does some funky things with X resources to adjust its own looks and se=
ems=20
to get into a race with KDE while doing so when "Apply colors to non-KDE=20
applications" is checked in KControl/Appearance&Themes/Colors.

I've just committed a fix to the xfig port which should get rid of this=20
problem, please update to xfig-3.2.4_3.

Cheers,
=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org