Date:      Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:42:47 -0700
From:      Jeff Behl <jeff@expertcity.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   redundant ethernet connections? (different switches)

we have some Dell poweredge boxes that come with dual onboard nics:

fxp0: <Intel Pro 10/100B/100+ Ethernet>
fxp1: <Intel Pro 10/100B/100+ Ethernet>

Ideally we'd like to have these ports in a redundant configuration where

each is hooked up to a different switch and, if one switch or card was
to fail, the other would take over.  Is this possible now?  In the
future?  Is this something that has to be supported by the cards?  And
if so, I would imagine the driver would have to support it as well?

I'm a little confused on the subject...

thanks for any help.