Date:      Tue, 5 May 1998 00:35:15 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jkh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   	Re. 2.2.5 cd driver _iso_iget crashes on 2.2.6 cd #2 ./dev

Re. my:
> I can reliably get a variety of my 2.2.5 release systems to crash
> building an index of directories on the 2nd of the 4 disc 2.2.6 cd-rom set.
> (Discs 1,3,& 4 are OK though)
> ddb
> 	kernel type 12 trap, code=0,
> 	Stopped at _iso_iget+0x312:  movl %eax,0x8(%ebx)
> Repeat with:
> 	mount /cdrom; cd /cdrom; find . -type d -print

Jordan suggested I test with a 2.2.6 &/or 2.2-stable:

2.2-Stable:
  I'm happy to report a system with bins & libs from 2.2.5, but kernel & lkm
  built from 2.2.5 /usr/include +
	cvs export -r RELENG_2_2 src
  based on a cvs tree from
	cvs-cur 4268
  no longer crashes (in fact
	cd /cdrom/dev; ls -la
  no longer produces any error, & runs correctly )
	( A full Stable system is still not yet complete here )
	( PS I was a bit suprised to note it calls itself FreeBSD 2.2.6-STABLE,
  	don't know if that (new to me) name is a bug or a feature ? )

2.2.6:
  A system with bins & libs from 2.2.5, but kernel & lkm
  built from 2.2.5 /usr/include +
        cvs export -r 2.2.6-RELEASE src
  also runs fine, no errors.

Julian