Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2007 14:25:45 +0200
From:      Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik@brixandersen.dk>
To:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Embedded systems protection?

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 01:34:49PM +0200, Karl Sj=F6dahl - dunceor wrote:
>  One way that is popular is to use a OTP flash with a cert inside that
>  you verify to see if something has changed.

How will that protect from copying? The contents of the flash can
still be read.

One solution, which I have used earlier, is to have a small bootloader
in internal flash which then loads, verifies and decrypts the main
application (which has been encrypted) from external flash. The key
point here is to make sure the internal flash can not be read out by
any means.

Regards,
Brix
--=20