Date:      Tue, 19 May 2009 12:28:18 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter@vk2pj.dyndns.org>
To:        Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Whither X?

--GRPZ8SYKNexpdSJ7

On 2009-May-16 07:30:16 -0400, Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com> wrote:
>On Sat, 16 May 2009 21:09:38 +1000
>Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au> wrote:
>> I am not saying that.  I am saying that the Xorg project needs to stop
>> breaking existing functionality and unnecessarily changing existing
>> behaviour.  Things like inverting the sense of "DontZap" or making the
>> default screen blank with no cursor have no benefit and just waste
>> people's time.
>
>That hs been discussed a number of times on various mailing lists and
>forums.

But, AFAIR, not on any relevant FreeBSD lists.  As someone who wants
to _use_ X11 on FreeBSD, I should not need to follow the Xorg mailing
lists to learn about what has been broken in the latest release.
There are limits to how many different mailing lists I can follow...

>> project did some regression testing though
>
>They do.  Probably much more than you realize.

As an Xorg user, all I can say is that it doesn't show.  As I have
previously said, the sort of basic problems that are showing up with
X.org 7.3 and 7.4 were not apparent with XFree86 or Xorg 6.x.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--GRPZ8SYKNexpdSJ7

--GRPZ8SYKNexpdSJ7--