Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 2004 22:40:48 +0100 (CET)
From:      Stefan Cars <stefan@snowfall.se>
To:        up@3.am
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Low Profile U320 RAID support

Hi, i have been running with with Adaptec 3410S card on a box and it works
very good.

/S

> Hi:
>
> I need to build a newer, faster FBSD server to replace one running RAID 1
> with an Adaptec 2100s and have the following requirements for the RAID
> card:
>
> 1 channel (2 preferable)
> U320 SCSI
> low profile (going into a 2RU box, want to avoid a riser)
> supported by FreeBSD 4.9
>
> I'm not particularly interested in SATA or zero channel solutions unless I
> have no other options (experiences with 0 channel RAID welcome), but I
> can't seem to find anything that meets all of these requirements.
>
> The Adaptec 2200S would be ideal, but alas, there's no FreeBSD driver for
> it.
>
> Please respond directly, as I am not subscribed to either list.
>
> TIA,
>
> James Smallacombe		      PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
> up@3.am							    http://3.am

Stefan Cars
Snowfall Communications
Tel: +46 (0)18 430 80 50 - Direct: +46 (0)18 430 80 51
Mobile: +46 (0)708 44 36 00 - Fax: +46 (0)708 44 36 04

SNOWFALL DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this email and in any
attachments is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please destroy this message and notify the sender
immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this email for any
purpose, nor disclose all or any part of its content to any other person.
Snowfall Communications.

Snowfall Communications monitors the content of emails sent and received
via its network for unauthorised use and for other lawful business
purposes. The contents of an attachment to this email may contain viruses
which could damage your computer system. While Snowfall Communications has
taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept
liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software
viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the
attachment.