Date:      Tue, 06 Apr 2010 13:40:11 -0700
From:      Russell Jackson <raj@csub.edu>
To:        puppet-users@googlegroups.com, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysutils/puppet: disabling freebsd ports package provider

Is there any objection to the ports provider being disabled on FreeBSD systems since it
mostly just causes puppet to hang anyway? I've had no luck in fixing it. The problem is
that portupgrade and script don't interact well when running non-interactively.

I've been running it this way in a local port, and I'm thinking of disabling it in the
official port as well. I'd post a patch for upstream as well. If there are no objections,
I'll submit a PR for the change by the end of the week.

Thanks,
--
Russell A. Jackson <raj@csub.edu>
Network Analyst