Date:      Mon, 3 Aug 1998 12:01:26 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@hilink.com.au>
To:        "Randy A. Katz" <randyk@ccsales.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Larger then 8.5GB IDE Support - 2.2 stable

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Randy A. Katz wrote:

> Is support for the larger IDE drives still in 2.2 stable? I loaded it up on
> a 4.5GB primary drive and tried to add a 11.5GB secondary and it showed the
> partition as 8.xGB...any ideas???

The patches in PR 6866 apply fine, except you should read the notes which
were added to the patch.  I have a -stable system running with these
patches and just need to find the time to commit them.  I also need to ask
about the wdc flags so appropriate instructions can be put somewhere.

If you want the patches, I can send them to you.  I'd be interested in
feedback before I commit to -stable.  I did want to get them into 2.2.7,
but missed the boat.  2.2.8 is a definite.

Danny