Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2006 14:05:30 -0400
From:      Dayton Clark <dayton@theclones.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Dayton Clark <dayton@theclones.net>
Subject:   gmirror problem

Folks,

I set up a mirror on two identical disks (250 MB Seagates).  After several
weeks of use I discovered that fsck fails because it cannot read a block.
At first I thought I had a bum disk but not I believe the block is the last
one on the disk.

As I understand it the last block is where gmirror stores its meta-data.  So
I occurs to me that maybe I messed up during the setup. This is a little
hard to believe because the setup is so straight forward, but I've messed up
plenty of simply things.  Anyway, is a mis-configuration a likely or
possible cause of this behavior.

thanks
dayton