Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 14:03:44 -0400
From:      "James E. Housley" <housley@frenchknot.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        hetzels@westbent.net, rse@engelschall.com, dirk@freebsd.org, adam@algroup.co.uk, ache@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   apache 1.3.x-{what ever}

I was trying to upgrade/switch from apache13-modssl to apache13-fp to
experiment with fp.  I was done playing with ssl for the moment.  The
problem/annoyance I came across is that they don't use the same data
directory by default.  And it was very difficult to force fp to use the
${PREFIX}/share/apache directory that -modssl was using.

apache13-fp/Makefile:            --datadir=${PREFIX}/www \
apache13-modssl/Makefile:               --datadir=${PREFIX}/share/apache
\
apache13-php3/Makefile:         --datadir=${PREFIX}/share/apache \
apache13-ssl/Makefile:          --datadir=${PREFIX}/www \
apache13/Makefile:               --datadir=${PREFIX}/www \

There seems to be two distict camps.  It might be benificial to decide
on one of the two locations.  Just my opinion.

PS.  I do not receive the ports mailing list.  If you feel that I need
to see any of the replies, please cc me.

Thanks.

--
 James E. Housley                            PGP:   1024/03983B4D
 System Supply, Inc.                         2C 3F 3A 0D A8 D8 C3 13

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, NT, or better,' so I installed
FreeBSD"