Date:      Sat, 26 Feb 2000 17:18:40 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
Cc:        bwoods2@uswest.net, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kdelibs port broken?

[ no longer related to -current, redirecting ]

On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 01:51:47PM -0800, Joel Ray Holveck wrote:
> It appears that you do not care to hear my reasons, so I won't bother.
> If I have reasons that I want Qt and KDE in their own directories, I
> will do so.  I would rather apps that expect Qt and KDE to be set up
> the same as they are on other OS's to work, than to require apps to be
> quirkified for FreeBSD's heir.  You may not agree with my decision,
> and I'm not asking you to.  But if bwoods has the same preference that
> I do, I'll gladly tell him how to implement them, and would appreciate
> not being told I'm stupid in the process.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you in any way. If you feel like
explaining how to achieve this effect, I would prefer it become part of
the mailing list archive than lost forever in private mailboxes.

Even though I'll never need the instructions you give, I'll be quite
happy to let you show someone else who is intent on doing things the
same way, how to do it.

I just don't see the point in it (and like I'm going to give up trying
to convince you why hier is important, you can just give up your side).

So, by all means, do go ahead and tell everyone on this mailing list
(questions) how they might do it your way. :-)

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>