Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 06:00:16 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Beauford <beauford.2002@rogers.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Newbie Question

On 2002-03-18 22:34, Beauford wrote:
> I should probably be able to find this, but It is escaping me right now.
> I just added another drive to my existing FreeBSD box and went into
> /stand/sysinstall and fdisked and labelled the drive appropriately, but
> how do I format it and get it mounted (actually, mounting is not a
> problem, but what is the drive called? My first drive is ad0s1a).

You'll find a wealth of information about this in the FreeBSD.org article
"Formatting Media for use with FreeBSD".  Find it online at:

  http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/formatting-media/

Giorgos Keramidas                       FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}  http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/