Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:34:48 -0500
From:      Ben Kaduk <minimarmot@gmail.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.net>, Ed Schouten <ed@freebsd.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Two problems still present in RC3

On 12/11/11, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.net> wrote:
> At 11:36 AM 12/11/2011, Ben Kaduk wrote:
>
>>Did you take the change to /etc/ttys going from cons25 to xterm 'type'?
>
> I didn't have to change it; it was that way when the OS was installed.

You were sending to -stable, so I wasn't sure.  Thanks for confirming.

> Problem seems to be that the behavior (specifically, reverse video on the
> 25th line) doesn't quite match the xterm termcap entry.

If I remember correctly, your original message mentioned seeing this
issue in emacs; have you tried reproducing it in a simpler test case?
Maybe something like:
(for i in $(jot 25); do echo; tput mr; echo -n "reverse"; tput me;
echo -n " regular"; done) && sleep 10000

That would presumably help narrow down the issue.

-Ben Kaduk