Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 21:42:46 -0700
From:      Tony Toole <tony@valemount.com>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Tony Toole <tony@valemount.com>
Subject:   Re: getting wi running as a bridge

The Orinoco firmware has a complete WDS implementation in both the
Station and Tertiary firmware.

To set up a WDS link, simply throw the card into port 2 (WDS), and set
the corresponding station's MAC address using RID 0xFC08. All traffic
between stations will be done on MAC port 0.

All you have to do is make sure each station has the same channel.
ESSID is not used.

It shouldn't be that hard to implement this in an existing BSD driver.

This link can be bridged.

Good luck