Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 2015 17:59:23 +0800
From:      Tiwei Bie <btw@mail.ustc.edu.cn>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Cc:        hiren@FreeBSD.org, rwatson@FreeBSD.org, gnn@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Multiqueue testing project - final status report

Dear All!

This is the final status report of the Multiqueue Testing Project.

The aim of this project is to design and implement an infrastructure
to validate that a number of the network stack's multiqueue behaviours
are as expected.

The deliverables of this project mainly consist of:

- A general mechanism to collect the per-ring per-cpu statistics
  which can be used by all NIC drivers, and the extended netstat(1)
  which can report these statistics.

- A suite of network stack behavior testing programs which consists
  of (a) a virtual multiqueue ethernet interface (vme), (b) a UDP
  packet generator based on vme, (c) a UDP server based on socket(2),
  (d) a TCP client based on lwip and vme, (e) a TCP server based on
  socket.

At present, most parts of this project have been implemented. Few
parts have been committed to -HEAD, and other parts have been submitted
to Phabricator.

Now, I'm also working on improving the IPv6 RSS supports with the
help of adrian@. ^_^

Finally, I want to say thank you to my mentor Hiren, George and Robert,
for the helps and guidance! ^_^

Many thanks!

Best regards,
Tiwei Bie