Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 95 22:05 EST
From:      dgy@hillae.com (David Yankura)
To:        questions@freebsd.org

I've been trying to install FreeBSD on my AMD 486/DX 100MHz 8MB RAM VL-Bus
machine with an Adaptec 2842A (VL-Bus) SCSI controller, Seagate
ST31200N(1.05GB) and Seagate ST3283N(237MB) Disks.  The FreeBSD boot kernel
panics during the creation/extraction of the /bin directory.  The error
message on the 2nd virtual screen is something like "/mnt error in ino #nnn at
offset #nnn mangled entry".  The installation does not seem to panic at the
same point each time I try it.  I have tried using each of the disks for the
root partition - still the same result.  I have existing DOS partitions on
both drives that are working fine as best as I can tell.  Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated!

David Yankura
Hill Arts & Entertainment Systems, Inc.
dgy@hillae.com