Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 2003 19:09:53 -0400
From:      "yo _" <exhausted01@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Console Keyboard Difficulty

Hello!

I am using FreeBSD 4.8. I recently installed emacs21 from the ports system
but i'm afraid there may be a keybinding conflict. In my regular console and
Xterm console Backspace is mapped at ctrl-h apparently. I think emacs knows
this as backspace deletes the one character behind the cursur position and
so does ctrl-h in emacs. The problem is that ctrl-h is supposed to activate
the help system in emacs.

Is there an (elegant) solution to this problem? I know that for a while my
keys weren't always working so well, but they were minor problems so i
ignored them. For example in Xterm pressing delete inserts and '~' character
and a console beep, in the regular console pressing delete inserts a
backspace. Major TIA.
-rian

Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now
FREE!  http://msnmessenger-download.com