Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 07:47:46 -0500
From:      Eric Johnson <eric@coding-zone.com>
To:        Ali Vercan <tr_www@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 01:24:47AM -0800, Ali Vercan wrote:
> Dear Sir / Madam,
>
> I want to develop a personal web server using pentium
> II.
>
> Could you send me minimum requirement to develop such
> a server or links which will help me.
>
> Thanks to you,

It depends a great deal on how many visitors you expect.  If
you're planning on running the next Yahoo!, you'd need a lot more
than a PII.  If you're just going to use it for personal growth,
I'm sure you're current system is sufficient.

Start with http://www.apache.org/httpd.html and the links from
there to learn more.

--
Best Regards,
Eric Johnson            (eric@coding-zone.com && http://www.coding-zone.com)

/home/eric
[eric@coding-zone]$ /usr/games/fortune -s
As he had feared, his orders had been forgotten and everyone had brought
the potato salad.