Date:      03 Feb 1998 14:51:38 +0100
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav)
To:        Reinier Bezuidenhout <rbezuide@oskar.nanoteq.co.za>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Overclocking a Pentium 120

Reinier Bezuidenhout <rbezuide@oskar.nanoteq.co.za> writes:
> > You will gain *nothing* by overclocking your 120 or 133 MHz Pentium to
> > 150 MHz.
> If I clock it at 75MHz bus and x2 CPU at 150MHz :) (if the Mainboard is
> wiling)

In that case you are also overclocking your memory, cache, motherboard
chipset and all your PCI devices. It may work, and then again it may
not.

Perhaps we should keep this discussion off -hackers?

--
 * Finrod (INTJ) * Unix weenie * dag-erli@ifi.uio.no * cellular +47-92835919 *
  RFC1123: "Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send"