Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 20:26:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Greg Hormann <ghormann@ns.kconline.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Direct Access to Parallel Port

I need to control some solid state relays (SSRs) from my old P75.  In the
past, I've used dos, Qbasic, and Parallel port to control up to 8 SSRs.
(Just by sending 0-255 to the correct I/O address, I can turn on/off pins
2-9.)

Anyway, I'd like to convert this DOS box over to FreeBSD so that I can make
changes remotely.  How difficult would it be to send a byte out to the I/O
address of the parallel Port on a FreeBSD box?

Secondly, Anybody ever worked on a driver for digital I/O boards? (Like the
CYDIO192 board from http://www.cyberresearch.com).  From what I can tell,
it doesn't seem any more complicated then just sending bytes to the
correct I/O port.  (I could be very wrong as I'm not good with the
hardware level.)

Thanks!

Greg.