Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:05:45 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: flashpluginwrapper w/ linux-flashplugin6 ?

--yZnyZsPjQYjG7xG7

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 10:52:54PM +0900, Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:46:00 +0200
> Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl> wrote:
> > does the flashpluginwrapper work with linux-flashplugin6? I tried it
> > but I only got a browser that crashed on every flash movie. Is there
> > a way to get flash 6 in a FreeBSD built browser?
> > Thanks for any answers,
>=20
> 	Good question.  Please teach me how to work linux-flashplugin6!
> 	I couldn't work it:-).  I think that we need partial linux
> 	emulation system, only specific memory or after (switching)
> 	system call.

Well it was definitely a very dirty hack -- I needed to copy a lot of
libraries to my browsers plugin directory, including ld-linux.so.2,
libc.so.6 etc etc. I did get phoenix (my browser) to start and show
the flashplayer version 6 signature in about:plugins though, however
it just crashed on every flash site.

I have already reverted my plugins directory so unfortunately I'm not
able to show you the libraries I needed. It was more an act out of
desperation than something else however, I was a bit frustrated at
finally having flash 5 support, and then finding out that most flash
sites require flash 6 :(

Many thanks for all your hard work on the flashpluginwrapper though,
it works great for 'normal' sites that don't require flash 6! It has
made my browsing experience a lot better!

--Stijn

--=20
"Diane, 2:15 in the afternoon, November 14. Entering town of Twin Peaks.
 Five miles south of the Canadian border, twelve miles west of the state
 line. Never seen so many trees in my life. As W.C. Fields would say, I'd
 rather be here than Philadelphia."
		-- Special Agent Dale Cooper, "Twin Peaks"

--yZnyZsPjQYjG7xG7

--yZnyZsPjQYjG7xG7--