Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2002 11:11:44 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, portmgr@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Reserve uid:gid 92

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 06:17:27PM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> I would like to reserve uid and gid 92 for gdm.  How do I go about doing
> this?  Should I update the Porter's Handbook, or does a doc person or
> portmgr do that?  Thanks.

We don't have a formal procedure for this sort of thing.  If a
gid/uid is not used by a system component or by any other port,
ports committers simply used it in their port(s), in the past.
Perhaps, for reference's sake, we should change that.

Suggestions welcome on how exactly to solve that problem.

Regards,
--
wca