Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 15:28:11 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        wosch@panke.de.freebsd.org, cracauer@cons.org, skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu
Subject:   Re: CVSup mirror repository corruption

Under the subject "Need faster German cvsup mirror up to 3.0-release",
Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org> started this thread by writing:

> There are BTW some problems with these two servers:
>
> /home/CVS-FreeBSD(gilgamesch)6% cvsup -P - -g -L 1 supfile.usa
> Connected to cvsup.FreeBSD.org
> Updating collection src-all/cvs
>  SetAttrs src/contrib/amd/FREEBSD-upgrade,v
> src/contrib/amd/FREEBSD-upgrade,v: Checksum mismatch -- will transfer entire file
>  SetAttrs src/contrib/amd/amd/amd.c,v
> src/contrib/amd/amd/amd.c,v: Checksum mismatch -- will transfer entire file

This is NOT a problem at cvsup.freebsd.org, and there is NO file
corruption there.  Martin simply has an out of date version of CVSup,
and needs to upgrade to the current version.  For all the gory
details, please see question #17 of the CVSup FAQ, at

    http://www.polstra.com/projects/freeware/CVSup/faq.html

Sorry I didn't realize what was going on sooner.  I'm a bit
preoccupied with other things at the moment.

John