Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 22:59:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        billf@chc-chimes.com (Bill Fumerola)
Cc:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh), obrien@freebsd.org, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Import of tcsh into src/contrib/, replacing src/usr.bin/csh

> On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 08:10:13PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> > In message <20000406134916.A23265@dragon.nuxi.com> "David O'Brien" writes:
> > : highly irritated at root's shell being one of poor UI.  Of the [t]csh
> > : users I know, only about 10% use csh over tcsh and that is only because
> > : csh is in the base system.  Those people would not even notice the extra
> > : tcsh features.
> >
> > I think this is a fine thing.
>
> Since the opposition to this seems to want to count people who said no, add
> me as someone who says yes.
>
> I don't even use tcsh, either. So my support isn't because of some shell jihad.

IMNSO people who don't use either tcsh or csh should exclude themselves
from the discussion...  Especially people who just say ``yes'' with no
technical reasons for saying yes, your provided no supporting technical
reasons for you yes :-(  At least David O'Brien specifically said at the
start of the thread he only wanted technical arguments for/against.

Ohhh.. and this message has technical content, it's nit picking the fact that
only a few people have provided technical content one way or the other, in a
hope that we won't have a whole slew of <aol> me too's </aol> without the
technical stuff to back it up.

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX @ CN85sl - (RWG25)               rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net