Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:42:10 -0500
From:      wc_fbsd@xxiii.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail, a couple of questions.

At 11:33 AM 3/30/2006, you wrote:
>>File /etc/hosts looks like:
>>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx      mailsrv.mydomain.com mailsrv
>>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx      mailsrv.mydomain.com.
>
>don't have duplicate names to different IP's.  Also be sure you have
>dotted fully qualified names for both IP's.

FWIW, the double entries are what sysinstall creates.  I just loaded
a new box yesterday and was wondering about that myself.

Here's what it crated:

# uname -a
FreeBSD newb.xxiii.com 6.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE #0
# cat /etc/hosts
::1             localhost.xxiii.com localhost
127.0.0.1       localhost.xxiii.com localhost
192.168.0.14    newb.xxiii.com newb
192.168.0.14    newb.xxiii.com.

So what' with the doubles. anyway?

   -Wayne