Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 10:06:17 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>
To:        chia an <alan_qc@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: is it posible

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, chia an wrote:

ca> is it posible to make my freebsd box stable by getting
ca> source from my friends whoes freebsd system was
ca> stable, i mean scopied the source /etc/src from my
ca> friend, because i dont have internet conection

/usr/src (assuming it is fully populated) contains all of the source code
and information required to build a stable world.  Copying this to another
machine will not upgrade your machine to -STABLE but it will allow you to
compile and install the -STABLE world and build a -STABLE kernel.

--
Andrew McKay <andy@openirc.co.uk>