Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2007 22:03:19 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Ivan Dimitrov <ivand58@hotpop.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: avr-libc port problem

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 07:43:23PM +0300, Ivan Dimitrov wrote:
> Dear list.
>=20
> I found a problem with the port named avr-libc. The reason is ... there i=
s=20
> one line of code in the Makefile with the following content:
> BROKEN=3D         Does not build
> what can be the reason to checkin an intentionally broken makefile,=20

It is a warning that building this port doesn't currently work. The
build cluster probably detected this, so it was marked broken. It's up
to the port maintainer or any other interested person to fix it.

> and how can I use this port again?

- read the FreeBSD Porter's Handbook
- remove the BROKEN line from the port's makefile
- try to build it and see where it breaks
- make it work again.
- submit a PR with the changes

Roland
--=20