Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:26:06 +0800
From:      Norman Man <nhcman@spark.net.hk>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Error handbook.pdf file

Dear Sirs,

After I downloaded and uncompress the following files, my
Windows95/Acrobat Reader v4.05b returned message and said that
"file damaged and trying to repair" and at last it returned
"error open file"!

Then I try GSview v.3.4 and it returned message as below:

-----
Copyright (C) 2000 Aladdin Enterprises, Menlo Park, CA.  All rights
reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
Scanning PDF file

    **** The PDF input file appears to be corrupted, or not a PDF file.
    **** Try preceding the input file with lib/pdfeof.ps.
    **** If the file then is processed without error, please notify the
    **** author of the software that produced the PDF file that the file
    **** does not conform to Adobe's published PDF specification.

Unrecoverable error: syntaxerror in pdfopen
Operand stack:
    2588541  --nostringval--

Unquote
-------

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/handbook/book.pdf.gz 1154 Kb
Mon Feb 19 21:50:00 2001
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/handbook/book.pdf.zip 1154 Kb
Mon Feb 19 21:50:00 2001

Please advise another url for a good handbook.pdf.

Thanks.

With best regards,

Norman