Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 08:12:51 -0800
From:      "Tim Oneil" <toneil@visigenic.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why FreeBSD?

At 03:35 PM 3/22/97 -0600, you wrote:
>So as I see it, it comes down to this: vote for the philosophy that
>appeals to you. I use FreeBSD because I rely on my machine for many other
>uses besides tinkering with operating systems. FreeBSD doesn't change the
>world on me every 6 months. Linux is in constant change. New things are
>showing up all the time. If you like tinkering with operating systems and
>having things that used to work break, Linux may be your answer. If you
>don't know Unix -- pick one and get started. You'll learn how to pick the
>best choice. No matter which one you pick, it will be infinitely better
>that Micros**t anything.

This is why I chose freeBSD. When I knew I wanted to run an i386
unix system I did 6 months of homework, looking at freeBSD, Linux,
and Solaris. In the end I chose BSD, largely for the values Jay
outlined; stable code line. Its obvious the core team has made this
a priority, and I think it shows.
-Tim