Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 2002 17:56:46 -0500
From:      "Adam Wood" <woodfucius@attbi.com>
To:        <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>, "'FreeBSD-Questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Dynamic DNS Client experiences?

> Hi,
>   I'm hoping to get some of the list members' thoughts and
> experiences with various dynamic DNS client programs here.
>
> I'm interested in running some services from a home network,
> and I've decided to give the folks at ZoneEdit try - in case
> anyone's interested.,
>
> So any suggestions, comments, experiences and gotchas that
> could assist me, are welcome.

I use ZoneEdit - they're great.  Lynx (/usr/ports/www/lynx) works fine
for updating my address.  I have a cron job that runs the following
script once a week.

#!/bin/sh
# Script to update IP address at ZoneEdit.
lynx -source -auth=USERNAME:PASSWORD
'http://dynamic.zoneedit.com/auth/dynamic.html?host=woodfucius.com'

chmod the script to 700 and you're all set.

Hope that helps,
Adam