Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:08:29 +0000
From:      Stacey Roberts <stacey@vickiandstacey.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Upgraded mutt, now all colours gone

Hello,
     Sorry for asking what might be a simple issue, but I can't seem to track this down.

I've portupgraded mutt to mutt-1.4.1 just now, and I noticed that all my colour settings have disappeared (not working), where this was fine before the upgrade. Specifically, none of the text of messages appear with the colours that they previously had with the old version of mutt. Now everything in mutt is the same green (text) on the termincal background.

Here is the relevant bit of my .muttrc:
# Color definitions
#

#color normal white default
color hdrdefault red default
color quoted brightblue default
color signature red default
color indicator brightyellow red
color error brightred default
color status yellow blue
color tree magenta default      # the thread tree in the index menu
color tilde magenta default
color message brightcyan default
color markers brightcyan default
color attachment brightmagenta default
color search default green      # how to hilite search patterns in the pager
color bold red default  # highlight all bold text in message

color header brightred default ^(From|Subject):
color body magenta default "(ftp|http)://[^ ]+" # point out URLs
color body magenta default [-a-z_0-9.]+@[-a-z_0-9.]+    # e-mail addresses
color underline brightgreen default

# attributes when using a mono terminal
#mono header underline ^(From|Subject):
mono quoted bold

This is the sample.muttrc from the previous mutt I had (from ports) that I used as a template for my own .muttrc file. The only changes I recall making was the addition of address aliases, but the colour functionality was working fine.

Has anyone else seen this?

Regards,

Stacey
--