Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2007 01:29:32 -0400
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@databus.com>
To:        Kim Shrier <kim@tinker.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pppoa connection

Try just treating the modem's ethernet as though it were a local
router port, using (unless they've assigned you a fixed address)
DHCP.  If your ISP is like mine, the PPPOA and 1483 stuff is
between the modem and their router and invisible to you.

--
Barney Wolff         I never met a computer I didn't like.