Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 2009 14:03:52 -0600
From:      "John Hendy" <jw.hendy@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD 7.1 on Presario v2000 laptop

I found this post to a mailing list for FreeBSD 6.0 on your laptop by
googling for "FreeBSD Compaq Presario V2000". Hopefully it can help you out=
.
The same 'timecounter' problem is referenced, so perhaps you'll be able to
extract your solution (seemed to be recompiling the kernel) from the post?
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2006-January/007715.html

Best of luck!

-John

2009/1/6 Ra=FAl Oyanedel Westermeyer <royanwes@yahoo.com>

> Hi.
>
> I've join this mailing list to obtain some help for installing FreeBSD on
> my laptop, a Compaq Presario V2000 series, model v2615LA. I have the Free=
BSD
> 7.1-RELEASE DVD and I boot it without problem. However, when I try to
> install it, it halts on "Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec", and de CD/D=
VD