Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 11:39:58 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        Alex Markov <alex@asdg.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some questions from Siberia. ;-)

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Alex Markov wrote:

> 3. I can choose from Intel EtherExpress 100+, SMC 9432TX and 3Com
> Etherlink III (3C590) to install. Which one is preferable (i mean
> stability and performance) for FreeBSD?

I've excellent experiences with Intel EtherExpress 100+ cards and FreeBSD
- never had a problem on a heavily loaded server but excellent transfer
rates. But I can't say anythinhg bad about 3c9xx cards which I've in use
too.

> 5. Is it possible to mount md0 (malloc disk) at boot-time using fstab?
> I want to make my /tmp a little faster, but "man md" failed... :-(

I can't tell but I use kernel mfs support to mount /tmp on virtual address
space.

Regards

Konrad Heuer                                    Personal Bookmarks:
Gesellschaft f=FCr wissenschaftliche
   Datenverarbeitung mbH G=D6ttingen              http://www.freebsd.org
Am Fa=DFberg, D-37077 G=D6ttingen                   http://www.daemonnews.o=
rg