Date:      Fri, 1 Sep 2000 16:31:50 +0400
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        alan_moscow@mail.ru
Subject:   Re: The relevant problems

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 04:17:40PM +0400, Сотрудник Алана wrote:
> I have a huge file directory on File System NTFS.
>
> The most important problem. - > the names of files are written in Russian( Samba does not know the charset are stored in) Can I use NFS? If yes then how?( I mean corretness of charset transmission files from NTFS codepages to FreeBSD koi8-r)
Samba CAN transfer files with cyrillic names. But you need to configure it.
Simplest way is to setup FreeBSD Samba server, and then transfer files using
NT Explorer.
I have sent you direct mail with _my_ smb.conf and russian text

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia